In today's early release training, DPS Substitute Teachers learned from the West Dakota Parent & Family Resource Center (WDPFRC) program, Love and Logic, led by Stacy Kilwein, WDPFRC Liaison.
The training goes through the following:
- Teaching respect, responsibility, and self-discipline
- How to deal with disrespectful behaviors
- Taking the battle out of meal times, tooth brushing, bathing, homework, etc.
- Teaching kids to listen the first time
- Showing kids that whining and arguing do not pay
- Calming sibling bickering and battling
This program is also offered to parents and caretakers during a FREE 5 week session that starts January 9th from 6:00-7:30 p.m. Advance registration is necessary by calling the WDPRFC at 701-456-0007 or emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Childcare is provided.