2023 SUMMER P-EBT
Children eligible for free or reduced school lunches may be eligible for Summer Pandemic EBT (P-EBT). Summer P-EBT is a food assistance program administered by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food & Nutrition Service through the North Dakota Department of Public Instruction and the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). The Program provides food assistance benefits to households with school-age children eligible for free or reduced-price school meals during the summer when they don't have access to meals at school. The 2023 Summer Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) applications will be open until August 21, 2023.
Do you have a school-age child who was eligible for free or reduced-priced meals during the 2022/2023 school year? You can get help with the cost of food during the summer with Summer P-EBT! Learn more and apply today at https://ndsummerebt.nd.gov/
- Students attending a school in North Dakota and were eligible for free or reduced-priced meals by May 31, 2023, are eligible.
- Students attending a school that participates in the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) or Provision 2 (P2) in School Year 2023.
- Households with children not currently eligible but might be for the 2023-2024 school year, are encouraged to complete a Free/Reduced-Price application by August 25, 2023. Contact the school where your children will be attending for an application form.
Yes, your child is still eligible. Families can use Summer P-EBT benefits and still pick up summer meals if they are available in their community.
This year parents/guardians must complete an application to receive the Summer P-EBT benefit. The application can be completed online at https://ndsummerebt.nd.gov. It is a mobile-friendly application. If you can’t complete the application online, you can get a paper application by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or downloading it from our website (ND DPI Child Nutrition and Food Distribution).
The Summer 2023 P-EBT benefit will be a one-time payment of $120.00 per eligible child. Families will receive the total amount of benefits for the eligible children in their care on a single, new, P-EBT card. P-EBT cards that were issued in prior years will not be used. P-EBT benefits will remain available and accessible for up to nine months from the date they are issued. However, when they expire, they are gone. So, make sure to use up all the benefits before they expire!
Depending on when your application is received, benefits will be issued on the following timeline:
- Application received by June 11th: Benefits issued July 13th
- Application received by July 23rd: Benefits issued August 3rd
- Application received by August 21st: Benefits issued September 7th
Households should allow 7-10 days for cards to be delivered through the mail.